Give your toast some extra love this fall with this banana and passion fruit jam recipe. Or if you’re bold, try this on your next sandwich instead of grape jelly. The possibilities are endless. This special blend of fruits create magic in a jar that will excite your taste buds.
Banana and Passion Fruit Jam
Yields about 300ml (8oz) of jam
- 250g (A little more than 1 cup) riped bananas, finely mashed
- 50g (1/5 cup) passion fruit pulp, about 2 fruits worth
- 230g (A little less than 1 cup) granulated sugar*
- Place the finely mashed bananas, passion fruit pulp, and sugar in a pot or a large saucepan. Mix well
- On medium heat, stirring constantly, bring the mixture to a full rolling boil
- Once the mixture starts to boil, skim away any excessive foams or bubbles, stirring constantly all the time
- Keep at a rolling boil for another 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly till the mixture thickens and becomes clearer and transparent
- Remove from heat. (The jam will be a little runny when hot but the consistency will be just right after it has cool off)
- Ladle hot jam into hot sterilized jars leaving a gap of about 1~2cm from the top.
- Secure lids. Let cool. Unopened jam will keep up to 3 months if stored in fridge or in a cool, dark cupboard
Note: Once opened, store the jam in the fridge. It is best consumed within a week.
Look out for new recipes on Organic Odes every Friday!
Source: Happy Home Backing