- Eat #plantains like in #DominicanRepublic with #eggs #cheese and #avocado. Try the recipe: wp.me/p2uCk9-13Z http://t.co/agbmBINbel 6 days ago
- Higher demands for #organic #tropical #fruits such as #bananas and #coconuts thepacker.com/marketing-prof… http://t.co/rx3HrxUn7c 1 week ago
- Meet the Organics Unlimited family. Perfectly #fresh, truly #organic, naturally #delicious http://t.co/pM9GmD9Azl 1 week ago
- Pretty #banana #kiwi #smoothie made in no time with #secret #ingredient for more #nutrients organicodes.com/2015/06/16/kiw… http://t.co/VxdO5RmZ3j 1 week ago
- Display Idea: Smoothies for the Whole Family wp.me/p2uCk9-13L @OUGROW 1 week ago
- Banana Bread Banana Industry Banana Marketing Banana Recipe Bananas breakfast Community Dessert Dessert Recipe Drink Recipe GROW Bananas GROW by Organics Unlimited GROW Month GROW Scholars GROW Stories Non-Profit Organic Bananas Organic Produce Organics Unlimited Produce Industry Produce Marketing Project Amigo Retail Marketing Social Responsibility Sustainability
Category Archives: Industry News
The organic industry reported that the category made an 11.3 percent leap, and the trend is not restricted to any particular region. Continue reading
During a Feb. 27 reception at the Southeast Produce Council’s Southern Exposure conference and exposition, Produce for Kids officials announced the organization is ending its partnership with Children’s Miracle Network. Continue reading
Called “Trends in U.S. local and regional food systems,” the 89-page USDA Economic Research Service report said inflation-adjusted sales through farmers markets did not increase between 2007 and 2012, while overall sales of local food increased by nearly 30% in roughly the same period.
While sales of food through direct-to-consumer outlets (farmers markets, roadside stands, you-pick operations) have leveled off, local food sales through intermediated marketing channels (distributors, food hubs and retailers) appear to be increasing, according to the report. “Growing consumer demand for local food may have been met by retailers rather than through direct to consumer sales,” according to the report. Continue reading
Research released this summer by Consumer Reports shows 45% of U.S. residents buy organic foods at least monthly, with the U.S. Department of Agriculture reporting $35 billion in organic food purchases in 2013.
That’s still only 5% of the total “at-home food sales” for 2013, according to USDA, but with a report from TechSci Research predicting annual sales growth of 14% through 2018 for organic foods, there’s good reason to believe the public’s puppy love for organics will grow into a mature affair. Continue reading
Organics don’t dominate in the fresh produce aisle, but produce is by far the leading organic food category with 43% of organic food sales in 2012 being fresh fruits and vegetables, according to the Nutrition Business Journal.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture cited the journal’s statistics in its “Organic Market Overview” earlier this year. The government agency does not track sales of all organic commodities, but relies on industry and academia to provide some statistics on organic sales. Continue reading
An international study led by the University of Newcastle in the U.K. has found a diet of organic food can provide antioxidants that are equivalent to 1-2 extra portions of fruit and vegetables per day.
A release from the university said the meta-analysis looked at 343 studies into the differences between organic and conventional crops, and found that the former can have 18-69% more antioxidants such as polyphenolics than the latter. Continue reading