- 1 1/2 cups peeled and diced Organic Hubbard Squash
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups Organic Skim Milk
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 1 cup mashed ripe Organics Unlimited Bananas
Bring 1 inch of water to boil.
Place squash in boiling water and cover.
Cook for 20 minutes.
Transfer squash to a bowl and mash.
Add black pepper, nutmeg, milk, honey, and bananas.
Heat gently before serving.
Add more skim milk for a thinner consistency.
Optional: Top with chopped Organic Cashews and Organic Chives.
- Organic Sunflower Oil, for griddle
- 2 Cups Organic White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1 1/4 Cups plus 2 tablespoons Organic Plain Soy Milk
- 3/4 Cup Mashed Organics Unlimited Bananas (about 2 large very ripe bananas)
- 3 tablespoons Organic Sunflower Oil
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Organic Pecans
Preheat a griddle over medium heat. Using a folded paper towel, lightly brush the griddle with oil. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until combined and make a well in the center. In another medium bowl, whisk all the soy milk, the bananas, eggs, and oil until well combined. Pour into the well and stir until smooth; there can be a few little lumps remaining. Stir in the pecans. Let stand for 5 minutes. Using 1/4 cup batter for each pancake, pour the batter onto the griddle. Cook until the edges of the pancake appear dry and the underside is golden brown, about 3 minutes. Flip the pancakes and cook until the other side is golden, about 2 minutes. If the batter thickens too much upon standing, thin with additional soy milk. Serve warm.
Recipe adapted from http://www.pastrywiz.com
- 2 ½ lb of peeled Organics Unlimited bananas
- 2 ½ lb of sugar
- 8 oz pineapple juice
- Juice of 2 fresh lemons
Directions: Place half (1 ¼ lb) of the peeled bananas in a large saucepan and mash with a potato masher. Slice up the other half of bananas, and add them to the pan. Stir in the juice of the lemons and the 8 oz of pineapple juice. Add the sugar and heat on a low setting until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil for about 3 minutes; then allow to cool. Pour into a jam jar or other suitable container. Cover and seal.
Recipe via http://www.bananarecipes.us
Posted in Recipes
Tagged Banana, jam, Recipe
- 2 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Organics Unlimited banana (mashed)
- 1/4 cup organic butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups organic heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups organic whole milk
- 3 organic grade A extra large eggs
- 1/2 whole vanilla bean (split lengthwise)
- 2 tablespoons organic butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 ripe Organics Unlimited bananas (Peeled and sliced)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Stir graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and mashed banana in large bowl to blend. Add butter and stir to moisten evenly. Press onto bottom and up sides of 10-inch-diameter glass pie dish. Chill until firm, about 30 minutes. Bake crust until set and pale golden, about 15 minutes. Cool completely.
Whisk sugar, cornstarch, and salt in heavy medium saucepan to blend. Gradually whisk in whipping cream and whole milk, then egg yolks. Scrape in seeds from vanilla bean; add vanilla bean. Whisk over medium-high heat until custard thickens and boils, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat. Whisk in unsalted butter and vanilla extract. Discard vanilla bean. Transfer custard to large bowl and cool completely, whisking occasionally, for about 1 hour. Stir custard to loosen, if necessary. Spread 1 cup custard over bottom of prepared crust. Top with half of sliced bananas, then 1 cup custard, covering bananas completely. Repeat layering with remaining bananas and remaining custard. Chill banana cream pie until filling is set and crust softens slightly, at least 8 hours and up to 1 day. Cut pie into wedges and serve.
Recipe via http://www.organicvalley.coop
- 1/2 cup organic almond butter
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 to 10 inches in diameter)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 small bananas, sliced
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips, if desired
Spread 2 tablespoons of the peanut butter evenly over each tortilla. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the honey over each tortilla. Top with banana slices and chocolate chips. Roll up tortillas. Secure with toothpicks.
- 4 bananas, peeled
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Ice-cream or syrup to serve
Preheat oven to 375°F Place bananas on well-greased baking tray. Brush bananas with melted butter. Mix honey with orange juice, and pour over the bananas. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until tender. Serve warm with ice-cream or syrup.
Posted in Recipes
Tagged Banana, Recipe
- 2 tbsp organic butter
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1 c almond milk
- 6 fillets mahi mahi
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 1/4 cup grated organic Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, blend the butter, flour and milk. Stir constantly and cook until a thick sauce has formed. Arrange mahi mahi in a single layer in a medium baking dish, and cover with the wine and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Pour 1/2 the sauce over the fish. Arrange bananas over the fish, and cover with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until the cheese is lightly browned and the fish is easily flaked with a fork. Drain any of the remaining wine and lime juice mixture before serving.
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2)
- 1 free range egg
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 scoop (1 oz) chocolate whey or soy protein powder
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 cups rice flour
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet dark chocolate chips
- a little butter
- Grease a 9×9 glass casserole dish or baking pan with butter. Set the oven at 350º F.
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed banana and egg; mix well. Add oil, sugar, vanilla and yogurt.
- In a small bowl, combine and mix protein powder, cocoa and baking powder.
- Blend in dry mixture to the wet mixture.
- Gently stir in flour, walnuts and chocolate chips until just blended, don’t over mix.
- Pour batter in dish or pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool in pan and cut into squares.
- 1 1/2 c mashed Organics Unlimited bananas, (3-4 medium)
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 c chopped sweet onion
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 c cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp rum, preferably dark
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 c water
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, ginger and salt. Cover and cook, stirring often, until soft and just starting to brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Add allspice and cook, uncovered, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add bananas, vinegar, rum, soy sauce and turmeric. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer, stirring often. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until very thick, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool slightly and puree with water in a food processor or blender. Serve warm or cold.
Posted in Recipes
Tagged Banana, Recipe