A banana split, for breakfast? Oh yes! This quick, easy, yummy breakfast takes a dessert classic and lightens it up for the morning!
Breakfast Banana Split
Makes 1 serving
- 1 ripe yet firm banana, peeled
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fruit jam or preserves
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds or other nuts
- Handful fresh berries or cherries
- Split the banana lengthwise and lay the two halves in a shallow bowl
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop out the yogurt and put it on top of the banana
- Warm the jam in the microwave for 15 to 30 seconds or until it is very runny
- Use a spoon to drizzle the jam over the yogurt, and sprinkle the nuts over everything
- Top with the berries or cherries, and dig in!
Source: The Kitchn